At least Jackson had the stomach for a fight
WHAT a marathon of sport last Saturday was! Norwich's annual humiliation at Selhurst Park, England losing to Scotland in that minority sport the BBC publicises, and all topped off by a resounding defeat for city boxer 'Action' Jackson Williams.
WHAT a marathon of sport last Saturday was!
Norwich's annual humiliation at Selhurst Park, England losing to Scotland in that minority sport the BBC publicises, and all topped off by a resounding defeat for city boxer 'Action' Jackson Williams.
To be fair to 'Action', despite the fact he only lasted a few minutes, he showed a hell of a lot more guts than your average Norwich City footballer.
His conqueror, Amir Khan, is clearly the real deal, and he looked a lot bigger in the ring than he does in that Vauxhall Zafira advert. I'm not to sure about that Bolton Wanderers badge he wears on his tracksuit though.
You may also want to watch:
I clearly remember Khan popping up in Istanbul before Liverpool's lucky European Cup win last year.
Still, I'm not going to argue with him.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 7 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 8 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 9 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 10 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
On the subject of The Man's favourite club, I note lots of Liverpool fans were unable to put their petty little club squabbles aside this week and booed Gary Neville during the England game at Anfield. Grow up.