Aylsham joy at first points
On Sunday Aylsham Ladies welcomed Stalham Ladies to the recreation ground for a league match.
Both teams have been struggling so far in the season, so both were keen to get their first points.
Aylsham started the stronger and got the first goal just a few minutes into the match.
Grace Jackson’s excellent shot came back off the crossbar and Gina Atherton was in the right place to put the ball in the net.
Aylsham then scored a second goal after a good passing move put Michaela England through who found the back of the net to give Aylsham a 2-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Stalham managed to get a goal back before half time to make the score 2-1.
In the second half Aylsham looked more comfortable on the ball and were passing well to find space and many opportunities were made in front of goal.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 9 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
Abby Timmins got Aylsham’s third goal, a lovely shot from outside the area. The Aylsham defence were solid, not letting anything past them and also showing composure to pick out the right pass and set up an attacking move.
There was time for one more Aylsham goal when again Grace Jackson had a shot but the goalie could only parry it into the path of Gina Atherton who slotted the ball home.
The final score was 4-1 to Aylsham. The whole squad was pleased with the result but more importantly the excellent performance.
Aylsham thank kit sponsor Aylsham Computers and linesman Carl Kemp.
Aylsham team: Lauren Kemp, Shaz Bunn (Captain), Lizzie Hibberd, Hayley Demmen, Di England, Michaela England, Abby Timmins (Manager), Georgie Bobbin, Vickii Scott, Bex Burton, Grace Jackson, Gina Atherton.