Aylsham set for big cup game against Norwich
Aylsham Ladies FC are currently seventh in the top division of the Norfolk Women’s & Girls’ Football League although due to the recent weather have struggled to play many games.
During December the Ladies enjoyed mixed fortunes, the high point was a 6-3 win over Attleborough Town in the cup seeing them safely into the next round. However, in the League they suffered defeats to Wymondham and Bungay.
In the New Year Aylsham Ladies started at home to Mulbarton Belles. This was a tight match, Aylsham had the advantage with just 10 minutes to go but Mulbarton found slightly more energy than Aylsham in the final minutes to salvage a draw: the final score being 4-4.
The following week it was another home fixture against Fakenham. Both teams were playing well and the final result was 3-3. It has been a steady start to 2013 for the Ladies who are now getting back to regular training and matches after the snow.
Their next fixture is this Sunday (3rd February) at home to Norwich City Ladies; this is the quarter-final of the County Cup. This will be a very tough fixture for Aylsham as Norwich City Ladies play several leagues above, flying high in the South-East Combination.
You may also want to watch:
Current Aylsham Ladies squad: Sam Ede, Beckie Brockman, Vikki Bird (Captain), Di England, Michaela England, Lizzie Hibberd, Vickii Scott, Beth Scrivens, Grace Jackson, Alicia Lacey, Debbie Kelly, Emma Gillespie, Annie Smith, Gina Atherton.
Thanks go to manager Tom Dack.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 7 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain