Aylsham unbeaten run is halted
Aylsham Ladies returned to league action against Colt Jags.
Aylsham knew this would be their toughest match to date as Colt Jags knocked them out of the County Cup competition in October.
The match started at a quick pace and both teams found it hard to adapt to the strong winds blowing across the pitch.
Both teams then kept the ball on the floor and started creating chances.
Colt Jags got the opening goal when their player expertly volleyed the ball into the net from the edge of the area. Colt Jags then had more of the play but many of their attacks were stopped by Emma Gillespie who was in great form in defence.
The score remained 1-0 to Colt Jags at half-time.
In the second half Colt Jags stepped up a gear and pressurised the Aylsham defence repeatedly with Aylsham struggling to get out of their own half.
- 1 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 2 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 3 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 4 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 5 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 6 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 8 Chris Sutton: What do City fans prefer - the Premier League or the Championship?
- 9 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
- 10 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
Colt Jags then scored three quick goals which affected Aylsham who seemed to crumble. Colt Jags scored two more goals in the half to make the final score 6-0.
Colt Jags played well but Aylsham Ladies feel theirs was a poor performance and are disappointed to lose their unbeaten league run.
Aylsham thanks go to their sponsors Aylsham Computers and linesman Ash Hunton.
Aylsham team: Sam Ede, Shaz Bunn, Flick Farraway (Captain), Emma Gillespie, Hayley Demmen, Annie Smith, Abby Timmins (manager), Georgie Bobbin, Amber Roberts, Debbie Kelly, Gina Atherton.