Aylsham unbeaten run is halted
Aylsham Ladies returned to league action against Colt Jags.
Aylsham knew this would be their toughest match to date as Colt Jags knocked them out of the County Cup competition in October.
The match started at a quick pace and both teams found it hard to adapt to the strong winds blowing across the pitch.
Both teams then kept the ball on the floor and started creating chances.
Colt Jags got the opening goal when their player expertly volleyed the ball into the net from the edge of the area. Colt Jags then had more of the play but many of their attacks were stopped by Emma Gillespie who was in great form in defence.
You may also want to watch:
The score remained 1-0 to Colt Jags at half-time.
In the second half Colt Jags stepped up a gear and pressurised the Aylsham defence repeatedly with Aylsham struggling to get out of their own half.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
Colt Jags then scored three quick goals which affected Aylsham who seemed to crumble. Colt Jags scored two more goals in the half to make the final score 6-0.
Colt Jags played well but Aylsham Ladies feel theirs was a poor performance and are disappointed to lose their unbeaten league run.
Aylsham thanks go to their sponsors Aylsham Computers and linesman Ash Hunton.
Aylsham team: Sam Ede, Shaz Bunn, Flick Farraway (Captain), Emma Gillespie, Hayley Demmen, Annie Smith, Abby Timmins (manager), Georgie Bobbin, Amber Roberts, Debbie Kelly, Gina Atherton.