<b>VIDEO:</b> Injured Linnets striker's career threat
Paddy Davitt Bury 2, King's Lynn 0: King's Lynn boss Carl Heggs revealed tonight Gareth Sheldon's career could be over. Heggs delivered the bombshell after watching Lynn dumped out of the FA Cup in a 2-0 first qualifying round defeat to Bury Town at Ram Meadow.
Bury 2, King's Lynn 0
King's Lynn boss Carl Heggs revealed tonight Gareth Sheldon's career could be over.
Heggs delivered the bombshell after watching Lynn dumped out of the FA Cup in a 2-0 first qualifying round defeat to Bury Town at Ram Meadow.
You may also want to watch:
Sheldon needs a major cruciate knee ligament operation after visiting a consultant yesterday and undergoing scans on the left knee damaged in the recent 4-2 Unibond Premier Division match at Guiseley.
The 29-year-old had notched his fifth and sixth goals of the campaign in Yorkshire before being stretchered off with his left leg in a protective brace after twisting awkwardly in the turf.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
The news on Sheldon capped a terrible few days for the Linnets that also saw defender Liam Murray ruled out for up to two months with a broken collarbone and the departures of assistant player/boss Andy Johnson and director Jimmy Suckling.
Bury's Gavin Johnson lashed the Southern Midlands team ahead on 51 minutes before Callum Kearns sidefooted home a second to seal a deserved FA Cup win for the hosts.
Lynn's depleted squad now head to Buxton in the Unibond Premier Division on Monday night.
Click on the attached link to watch Heggs' post-match reaction