Battling Bungay hold Norwich to a draw
Bungay Town Ladies, despite a lengthy injury list, pulled out one of the best performances yet seen by this young team.
They travelled to second-place Norwich City Reserves and deservedly held them to 2-2.
Right from the kick of Bungay dominated play with some attractive passing football and soon after a succession of dangerous Leo Daulby corners Lauren Purling arrived late to head home.
A few more incisive breaks just fail to to find the final pass, but Bungay went two up when a long ball from Lauren Purling found Michelle Stanborough out-running the Norwich defence to lift the ball over the keeper,
Kate Pasque went close from another Bungay corner and when half time came Bungay were well worth their two-goal lead.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich came out of the blocks strongly and soon pulled one back and then equalised early in the second half, but to Bungay’s credit they then held Norwich at bay and started once again to build from midfield with Imo Williams and Michelle Stanborough going close.
Bungay should take great credit from this result with their all players, some in unaccustomed positions, giving their all.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 9 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 10 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
Player of the match: Amber Rowland.