Beaumont tops his ton as Magpies swamp Bloaters
Yarmouth 0, Dereham 4: Dereham prepared for Saturday's eagerly awaited FA Vase tie against King's Lynn Town by thumping the Bloaters at the Wellesley last night.
Yarmouth 0, Dereham 4
Dereham prepared for Saturday's eagerly awaited FA Vase tie against King's Lynn Town by thumping the Bloaters at the Wellesley last night.
Newly promoted Yarmouth have been the surprise package in the Ridgeons League Premier Division so far this season.
But they had no answer to a Magpies team who were able to close the gap on leaders CRC to one point after the Cambridge side were held 3-3 in a thrilling game at Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies pressed stright from kick-off and went in front on 12 minutes, when defender Jay Eastoe-Smith headed home at the far post from Scott Roberts' corner.
Danny Beaumont stroked home his penalty on 40 minutes to double the lead - his 100th senior goal for the club - and 101 was not far behind, the striker firing home from fully 30 yards on 63 minutes.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 10 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
Adam Smith flicked home another Roberts' flag-kick with six minutes remaining to complete the scoring - the perfect result ahead of the Linnets' much anticipated visit.