Beccles/Bungay area notes

ST BENETS WASPS U11A made the trip to Lowestoft to face Waveney Youth and saw the Wasps' players take up new positions for the next phase of the season.

ST BENETS WASPS U11A made the trip to Lowestoft to face Waveney Youth and saw the Wasps' players take up new positions for the next phase of the season. The home side scored in the first minute as Wasps were unable to clear a corner, and a second goal soon followed as the Wasps' defenders adapted to their new positions. Ross' well-taken corner just before the break allowed Toby to pull a goal back for Wasps. Waveney scored their third soon after the break, but with Jamie doing some great work in defence, and Toby's pace up front causing the home defence lots of problems, Wasps went on to create more than enough chances to have won the match. Full-time: Waveney 3, Wasps 1.

BUNGAY TOWN U14 took a while to get going, but eventually chalked up a convincing 12-0 win against Corton. They took the lead after a minute when Rhys was on hand to score from Miles' cross-field pass. There followed a long period of scrappy play, when Corton broke through a couple of times, until Harry R scored with a spectacular shot form the edge of the area. It was 3-0 at the break when Rhys' balletic flick set up Sam, whose shot was pushed out to Miles who finished at the second attempt. Playing more controlled football after the break, Bungay served up a string of chances. Tom finished calmly, following up a Miles effort. Rhys scored the next after George had done the approach work. A move featuring Rory's juggling skills allowed Jake, freed from his goalkeeping duties, to add one more. Harry R dribbled almost to the goal line to register No 7 from close range, and then combined with Rhys to set up George for a debut goal. In quick succession Sam twice outpaced the visitors' defence and each time resisted all challenges to produce an unerring finish. At the other end stand-in keeper Harry H had to block a Corton breakaway, but Bungay added two more. Rhys wrapped up his hat-trick from Sam's pass, and it was left to Jake to provide the last with a blistering shot from a long way out. Man of the match: Tom.

BUNGAY TOWN U15 were looking for their first victory of the season against a beatable Hemsby side. They soon demonstrated their intent with Cormac Warne volleying just wide. Bungay conceded a free-kick on the edge of the penalty area but Razvan Condrea stopped it well. Bungay efforts were rewarded when Jak Clark flicked on a long ball to Levi Jay who took the opportunity well, giving Bungay the lead after 18 minutes. Ten minutes later Hemsby missed a glorious chance to equalise when the ball sailed wide of an empty net. Second half Hemsby managed an equaliser from a long throw-in. Bungay dominated possession for the remainder of the half and looked like scoring on several occasions, but it wasn't to be. A neat through-ball from Jak to Levi and then a low cross into the path of Cormac Warne looked to have finished the game, but Cormac just couldn't stretch a leg out far enough to poke the ball past the keeper. Bungay piled on the pressure but Hemsby managed to hold on to the point. Final score: Bungay Town 1, Hemsby Hornets 1. Man-of-the-match: Jason Clarke and Daniel Aldrich.

ST BENETS WASPS U12A proved too strong for a spirited Gorleston side. TGC scored four with a superb display of finishing, Chris hit two excellent volleys, Olly poached two goals in the box and Steven hit a tremendous strike to complete the scoring. Wolfie was solid in goal and Jordan, Evan and Tom all had good games. Luke put in another excellent performance, including a mazy run in which he beat four defenders before crossing for TGC to score. Callum, George, Regin and Cieran dominated the midfield and provided the ammunition for the strikers. Special mentions for TGC for another superb performance and Olly for doing what every good striker does. Final score: Wasps U12A 9, Gorleston U12A 1.

ST BENETS WASPS U13A produced a fantastic team effort with every team member putting in a sterling effort. From the kick-off the Wasps lads took control of the game, giving the Halesworth players little time on the ball and few chances on the St Benets goal. Jamie, Wiggy and Matt in central defence tackled hard and ran tirelessly, minimising Halesworth's shots on goal. Len and Hazza were influential in the defensive play and also contributing to the attacking play by supporting Harvey, Jack and Liam in midfield play. Kieran and Rick set themselves new high standards of play in the middle of the pitch, with a determined and strong style. Harvey made a number of important over-laps down the right-wing and passing some well placed crosses across the face of the Halesworth goal. Jack and Liam used strength and speed down the left wing to good effect. Shortly into the first half Alex collected the ball just outside the Halesworth goal area, dribbled the ball past two players, turned and placed his shot into the top right-hand corner of the Halesworth goal. Near the end of the first half Alex passed the ball through to Sam who ran with the ball and following a one-on-one with the Halesworth keeper coolly placed the ball past the keeper to score a well-taken goal. The start of the second half had Halesworth trying to take control of the game but with limited effect. Midway through the half Jack attacked from the left wing, crossed the ball into the Halesworth area and then blocked the return ball with a tremendous left-foot shot into the goal. Ryan battled in attack and found himself on two occasions with good scoring opportunities, but was denied by the Halesworth keeper. A well-deserved win for the Wasps lads. Man-of-the-match: Harvey.

ST BENETS WASPS U14B were at home to Repps Rangers. Wasps started well with Luke's cross being converted by Jamie and soon after Ben scored from Jamie's cross. Wasps found it hard to break down the Repps defence until early in the second half when good use of the wings and well-taken corners produced goals for Callum (4) and Jamie (2) with Luke and Elliott heading goals from corners and Matt scoring two poacher's goals. Jamie hit the bar with a great shot before Josh scored his first goal for the team with a neatly-taken shot into the corner after a great run and cross by Ben. Final score: 13-0. Coopers man-of-the-match was Matthew at right back for an excellent defensive display and for starting attacks down the right wing.