Beehive beat Mousehold
Mousehold Reserves lost to Sprowston Beehive 4-1 in Division Two.Mousehold put together early attacks on goal which showed a lot of promise, but it was Sprowston Beehive who put away the first goal with a header about 10 minutes into the game.
Mousehold Reserves lost to Sprowston Beehive 4-1 in Division Two.
Mousehold put together early attacks on goal which showed a lot of promise, but it was Sprowston Beehive who put away the first goal with a header about 10 minutes into the game.
Despite this Mousehold continued to push hard, and it looked like it could only be a matter of time, but again on 24 minutes Beehive were the ones finding the back of the net when a penalty was awarded, which even the Beehive players admitted was dubious.
The misery of the half was not over yet, when 41 minutes in they broke through the defence to bring the score to 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
With Chris Vines injured manager Andy Brown made a substitution before half-time, and right on the whistle Duane Green managed to get on the end of Damon Claxton's cross to finally put Mousehold on the scoresheet.
Two more substitutions followed in the second half, another from an injury when Matt Metcalf was the victim of a very late tackle, but despite several good chances and unrelenting pressure from Mousehold it was Beehive who had the last word with a fourth goal on 80 minutes.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 10 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
Man of the match to Matt Metcalf, and Mousehold Reserves are down but not out, and looking forward to next week's game against Dyers Arms.