Bell signs for Canaries
Norwich City have signed Luton midfielder David Bell on a three-year deal, for an undisclosed fee. Speaking exclusively to the club's official website, Canaries boss Glenn Roeder said: "David is a player, like others we have secured this summer, who we've been following for some time.
Norwich City have signed Luton midfielder David Bell on a three-year deal, for an undisclosed fee.
Speaking exclusively to the club's official website, Canaries boss Glenn Roeder said: "David is a player, like others we have secured this summer, who we've been following for some time. We've tracked David's progress over the last season and we've been impressed with his spell on loan at Leicester in difficult circumstances for that club.
"He will add quality to our midfield from wide areas and I am fully expecting David's career to now fulfil the potential he first showed at Rushden as a young player."
On signing for the Canaries, Bell said: "It's a brilliant opportunity for me and I can't wait to get going - I am delighted to be here and looking forward to playing my part in what will be an exciting season, with Norwich City hopefully challenging for promotion to the Premier League."
You may also want to watch:
24-year-old Bell can play centre, left and right side of midfield and his performances for Rushden led to two trial spells at Middlesbrough.
The Kettering born player scored in Luton's surprise 3-0 win against Sunderland in last season's Carling Cup, and netted a total of six goals last campaign. His skilful midfield play and craftsmenship, along with his ability to burst into the opposition's penalty box made him a handful for opposing defences whilst playing for the Hatters.
- 1 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 2 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 3 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 5 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender