Belles are league runners-up after comprehensive win
- Credit: Archant
Hellesdon Belles 6, NCBC 0
Hellesdon Belles secured a second-place finish in the Norfolk Women’s Sevens League on Sunday with a 6-0 win over NCBC.
It was the same scoreline as the reverse fixture the weekend before, and was the perfect finish to Belles’ league season.
With the overnight snow gone, it was a freezing cold day with a strong biting wind.
Belles got off to the perfect start when Cath Heslin smashed the ball home after 14 seconds!
You may also want to watch:
NCBC then went toe to toe with the Belles as both teams struggled in the conditions.
It was great to see Carmen Hawkes come on after 20 minutes for her first game in two and a half years. Naomi Keetley scored after 20 seconds of the second half as Belles adjusted to the conditions. Naomi made it three when her cross evaded everyone and went in.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
The Belles dominated as Cath added her second via a defender and Naomi completed her hat-trick before Vicky Sherwood completed the scoring following a fantastic flowing team move.
Player of the match: Naomi Keetley.
Belles’ manager Bob Wilton was delighted with a great team performance: “Massive thanks to Naomi and Keri for playing a half each in goal. Thanks also to Liam for reffing and to our loyal supporters,” he said.
“Congratulations to Belles for being league runners-up. Well done and thoroughly deserved,” he added.