Belles are league runners-up after comprehensive win
- Credit: Archant
Hellesdon Belles 6, NCBC 0
Hellesdon Belles secured a second-place finish in the Norfolk Women’s Sevens League on Sunday with a 6-0 win over NCBC.
It was the same scoreline as the reverse fixture the weekend before, and was the perfect finish to Belles’ league season.
With the overnight snow gone, it was a freezing cold day with a strong biting wind.
Belles got off to the perfect start when Cath Heslin smashed the ball home after 14 seconds!
You may also want to watch:
NCBC then went toe to toe with the Belles as both teams struggled in the conditions.
It was great to see Carmen Hawkes come on after 20 minutes for her first game in two and a half years. Naomi Keetley scored after 20 seconds of the second half as Belles adjusted to the conditions. Naomi made it three when her cross evaded everyone and went in.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
The Belles dominated as Cath added her second via a defender and Naomi completed her hat-trick before Vicky Sherwood completed the scoring following a fantastic flowing team move.
Player of the match: Naomi Keetley.
Belles’ manager Bob Wilton was delighted with a great team performance: “Massive thanks to Naomi and Keri for playing a half each in goal. Thanks also to Liam for reffing and to our loyal supporters,” he said.
“Congratulations to Belles for being league runners-up. Well done and thoroughly deserved,” he added.