Gibson on what makes Norwich City so special
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Gibson has loved every second of his loan spell with Norwich City and has spoken about the special togetherness that is propelling their Championship promotion charge.
The on-loan Burnley defender has been ruled out for the season as he waits for surgery on his ankle ligaments after being stretchered off during City's draw with Blackburn prior to the international break.
Gibson's move will be made permanent should City achieve their promotion, with the Canaries possessing an £8million obligation to buy.
The 28-year-old has been a pivotal figure during their push for an instant Premier League return this season, and when asked about what he found so special about the club, spoke about the tight-knit group at both Colney and Carrow Road.
"The people, to be honest. From the manager to Stuart Webber to the canteen staff to everyone who travels with us. Everyone is just so together.
"It's got a real family feel. We're on the same page when it comes to how we want to conduct ourselves and play the game. That's from top to bottom. It's really nice to be apart of."
Gibson has made 27 appearances for City in the Championship this season, forming a formidable defensive partnership with captain Grant Hanley. The ex-Boro star has contributed to a much-improved goals conceded record for the Canaries this season.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 3 PROMOTION LIVE: City turn attentions to Bournemouth
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
Togetherness is a proven component of any promotion campaign, including City's title-winning season two seasons ago that defied all expectations.
This time, City were pre-season favourites and still require 14 points to achieve their promotion. Gibson was one of a number of new additions last summer, and he says the dressing room dynamic has spurred them on to perform on the pitch.
"We've got a few characters to be honest," Gibson told Sky Sports EFL Podcast before his season-ending ankle injury.
"Kenny McLean, Jordan Hugill, Grant Hanley. We've got a really good set of lads. You could say the Northern lads but they are the heads as well. Todd Cantwell is a great character, Adam Idah isn't the brightest but is a very special talent.
"We have a few and it's the reason we've been so successful so far."