‘Good deal all round’ - Godfrey’s imminent Everton move met with understanding from Canaries fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Godfrey’s imminent move to Everton is a testament to the graft of the 22-year-old and Norwich City - who have developed him into someone that is set to command a club record fee for a departing player.
The general consensus on social media from City, Everton and York City supporters seems to be positive - with numerous Canaries supporters quick to praise the England Under-21s internationals attitude despite an ongoing transfer situation in the background.
City have accepted a bid in the region of £25million for the defender, with add-ons that can inflate that price further.
Godfrey signed for the Canaries in January 2016, and has gone onto make 78 appearances for the club in all competitions. Loan spells to York City and Shrewsbury Town have also aided his development.
He is set to link up with Champions League winning coach Carlo Ancelotti at Goodison Park - and seems to leave with the best wishes of City fans.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Canaries supporters on social media above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 5 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues