‘Good deal all round’ - Godfrey’s imminent Everton move met with understanding from Canaries fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Godfrey’s imminent move to Everton is a testament to the graft of the 22-year-old and Norwich City - who have developed him into someone that is set to command a club record fee for a departing player.
The general consensus on social media from City, Everton and York City supporters seems to be positive - with numerous Canaries supporters quick to praise the England Under-21s internationals attitude despite an ongoing transfer situation in the background.
City have accepted a bid in the region of £25million for the defender, with add-ons that can inflate that price further.
Godfrey signed for the Canaries in January 2016, and has gone onto make 78 appearances for the club in all competitions. Loan spells to York City and Shrewsbury Town have also aided his development.
He is set to link up with Champions League winning coach Carlo Ancelotti at Goodison Park - and seems to leave with the best wishes of City fans.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Canaries supporters on social media above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis