Ben Godfrey signs new long term Norwich City deal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City starlet Ben Godfrey has signed a new four year deal, which will keep him at Carrow Road until the summer of 2021.
Godfrey is the latest of City’s talented teens to pledge their future to the Canaries, following a new deal for defender Jamal Lewis last month.
“I’m really happy because I’ve been working really hard,” he said. “From when I signed I knew it was a great club. I couldn’t ask for anything more than the faith they’re showing in me.
“Being involved quite a lot in pre-season has really made me feel part of the first team. I’m looking to get as many minutes as I can and make a difference to the team.”
City head coach Daniel Farke admits the ex-York youngster has plenty of potential.
You may also want to watch:
“Ben has a great working attitude in every game and training session,” he told the club’s official site. “He had the second most minutes in pre-season and has great potential. It’s a good sign for all the young lads that he’s such an important part of our squad.”
- 1 Canaries winger set to end Lynn loan for League Two move
- 2 City hold talks with Nyland
- 3 Window Watch: Our Canaries correspondents take your transfer questions
- 4 'We've drawn too many games' - Cherries miss chance to close on Canaries
- 5 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia
- 6 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 7 Buendia's fine form rewarded with monthly accolade
- 8 It's clear to see why Spurs are so pleased with Skipp's progress at City
- 9 Second academy contract of the day as Rowe signs new deal
- 10 Haunted hotels, Lafferty's keys and RVW in disguise - life as City's player liaison