Ben Godfrey signs new long term Norwich City deal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City starlet Ben Godfrey has signed a new four year deal, which will keep him at Carrow Road until the summer of 2021.
Godfrey is the latest of City’s talented teens to pledge their future to the Canaries, following a new deal for defender Jamal Lewis last month.
“I’m really happy because I’ve been working really hard,” he said. “From when I signed I knew it was a great club. I couldn’t ask for anything more than the faith they’re showing in me.
“Being involved quite a lot in pre-season has really made me feel part of the first team. I’m looking to get as many minutes as I can and make a difference to the team.”
City head coach Daniel Farke admits the ex-York youngster has plenty of potential.
You may also want to watch:
“Ben has a great working attitude in every game and training session,” he told the club’s official site. “He had the second most minutes in pre-season and has great potential. It’s a good sign for all the young lads that he’s such an important part of our squad.”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 7 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain