Ben Godfrey signs new long term Norwich City deal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City starlet Ben Godfrey has signed a new four year deal, which will keep him at Carrow Road until the summer of 2021.
Godfrey is the latest of City’s talented teens to pledge their future to the Canaries, following a new deal for defender Jamal Lewis last month.
“I’m really happy because I’ve been working really hard,” he said. “From when I signed I knew it was a great club. I couldn’t ask for anything more than the faith they’re showing in me.
“Being involved quite a lot in pre-season has really made me feel part of the first team. I’m looking to get as many minutes as I can and make a difference to the team.”
City head coach Daniel Farke admits the ex-York youngster has plenty of potential.
You may also want to watch:
“Ben has a great working attitude in every game and training session,” he told the club’s official site. “He had the second most minutes in pre-season and has great potential. It’s a good sign for all the young lads that he’s such an important part of our squad.”
- 1 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 2 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 What does Pukki injury mean for City's transfer plans?
- 7 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Farke reveals title celebration curbs
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked