Bertrand back at City
Chris Lakey Chelsea defender Ryan Bertrand is to return to Norwich on a half-season loan deal from Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea defender Ryan Bertrand is to return to Norwich on a half-season loan deal from Stamford Bridge.
“I can't tell you how happy I am to secure the signature of Ryan Bertrand again to come back here on loan until the first of January,” said City boss Glenn Roeder today.
“There is a possibility, after speaking to Frank Arnesen, that he will be able to stay the whole year. I think Chelsea are doing the right thing, covering their backs in case they needed him on the first of January because he is an exciting young player. But the intentions are that he might be able to stay the whole year.”
You may also want to watch:
“I'm delighted to be returning to Carrow Road and very excited at the prospect of starting where I left off last season,” said Bertrand, who made 18 league appearances for City.
Roeder said he was satisfied with his progress in the transfer market to date, with Sammy Clingan and Wes Hoolahan both having joined.
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 5 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 6 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 Farke's personal message to City fans
“It is going okay,” he said. “It is slow for everybody. Every manager would like to have his squad locked up, but 99pc of them haven't. The big difference with us and most managers is that we have to get a lot more new players in than they do.”