Bertrand set to stay for season
Ryan Bertrand's loan spell with Norwich is set to be extended until the end of the season.It was thought that a Stamford Bridge recall for Bertrad was imminent following yesterday's news that Chelsea left back Wayne Bridge had emerged as a £6m January transfer window target for Manchester City.
Ryan Bertrand's loan spell with Norwich is set to be extended until the end of the season.
It was thought that a Stamford Bridge recall for Bertrad was imminent following yesterday's news that Chelsea left back Wayne Bridge had emerged as a £6m January transfer window target for Manchester City.
Bridge's exit would have left Chelsea boss Phil Scolari without any established left-sided defensive cover.
Norwich City manager Glenn Roeder had told a fans' forum earlier this month he feared the 19-year-old was unlikely to extend his initial stay
You may also want to watch:
But Roeder told the club's official website this morning: "I am delighted to have secured Ryan until the end of the season. We were just waiting as there were some questions regarding Chelsea registering Ryan for the Champions League but that has been resolved.
"I am really pleased because we simply could not afford to buy a player of his quality, and that's one less headache for us to consider in January"
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 7 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 8 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 9 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 10 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
Bertrand made his full England U21 debut last month after re-joining the Canaries on a six-month deal ahead of the Championship kick off following a successful Carrow Road loan spell last year.