Betting: Arsenal are odds on to win final Premier League home match against Norwich City
No team in the bottom half of the Premier League has scored more away goals than Norwich City, but after three consecutive defeats, during which they’ve conceded 11 goals, the Canaries will have their work cut out to keep in-form Arsenal at bay tomorrow.
Provided the Gunners overhaul Norwich, then West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns next weekend, their place in the Champions League is assured, a hugely impressive performance by a team who won only one of their opening five league games.
Bookies do not envisage them slipping up tomorrow, Ladbrokes pricing them at 1/4 to secure maximum points. Despite opening the scoring when the sides met at Carrow Road in November, Norwich let that lead slip and allowed Arsenal to come from behind and win 2-1, courtesy of two goals from you know who. Robin van Persie, Footballer of the Year, is 2/1 with Paddy Power to notch the opening goal, while City’s Grant Holt is 11/1 in the same market.
Norwich arrive at the Emirates priced as William Hill’s massive 12/1 underdogs – even the draw is offered at a hefty-looking 9/2 by Skybet – and when the visitors are given bet365’s two-goal advantage, they’re still odds against (11/10) to win.
While they’re vulnerable at the back, Norwich are, as we have already noted, well equipped to score goals, hence the appeal of Coral’s 4/5 odds for both teams to find the net. For backers expecting Arsenal to adapt a complacent manner, note should be taken of Boylesports’ colossal 25/1 about Norwich winning following a drawn first period – and of BetVictor’s 15/8 for the opening half finishing level.
You may also want to watch:
Punters not anticipating a goal feast can get an attractive-looking 6/4 (Betfred) against the fixture yielding fewer than 2.5 goals as Skybet chalk an enormous 11/1 about it finishing 1-1. Arsene Wenger’s charges are 6/1 at Stan James to register a 2-0 win and 17/2 (bet365) to record another 2-1 success, but punters who can see City nicking a narrow victory could be rewarded if they take Stan James’s enormous 28/1 for a 1-0 away win.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 5 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 8 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 9 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 10 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track