Betting: Draw would suit Norwich City more than Everton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s failure to win any of their last nine Premier League matches means they’re probably still at least 10 points short of top-flight safety – hardly an ideal scenario for any side preparing to play host to Everton, let alone one enduring a poor run.
However, the pair’s last three meetings have each ended as score-draws and another tomorrow, priced at 15/4 by BetVictor.com, would probably suit the Canaries more than the Toffees.
In fact, City’s record against teams in the Premier League’s top half is respectable – they’ve won four and drawn three of 13 such duels – although their recent run of indifferent form accounts for their status as bet365’s 13/5 underdogs.
Everton, of course, continue to harbour realistic Champions League ambitions and as they’ve lost only three away matches all season, it’s easy to understand why Stan James install them as their 11/10 favourites to register three points. Yet the pair have drawn 23 league matches between them this season, a statistic which casts Stan James’s 5/2 price for it to end in stalemate in a positive light.
More precise backers will appreciate the appeal of Skybet’s 10/1 for it to end 0-0, while for those intent on hedging their bets, Coral post 4/5 about the match yielding fewer than 2.5 goals.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Ladbrokes chalk an attractive 9/2 against Norwich winning by a one goal margin, while BetVictor.com post a massive 12/1 about a 1-0 home victory.
In other markets, bet365’s 9/2 for both halves to finish all square cannot be ignored, nor can Skybet’s offer of 6/1, posted about a 1-1 result.
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 6 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 9 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Punters backing the Canaries to secure a much-needed, if narrow, success can get 12/1 (William Hill) about them winning 2-1, while Paddy Power chalk even money against the game’s final goal arriving after the 73rd minute – something that has happened on each of the last three occasions the sides have met.