Bids for programme from postponed City game rise above £130
- Credit: eBay
A match-day programme from Norwich City’s postponed Premier League fixture against Southampton has attracted bids of over £130 on auction website eBay - in the name of a good cause.
An established seller on eBay has got hold of a copy of the OTBC programme, which were available for pre-order and home delivery prior to Saturday's game against the Saints being postponed on Friday due to the coronavirus pandemic.
It remains to be seen how much of a collectors' item the programme will become, with the top-flight season currently scheduled to restart on Saturday, April 4, so it's unclear if the Canaries will have to re-print programmes for the rearranged game.
However, eBay seller Paul Arsenal Invincibles, who has been an eBay member for almost 20 years and has a 99.9pc positive feedback rating from over 1,500 items sold, has listed one of the programmes for sale.
It is also made clear that 100pc of the sale of the programme will go towards a charity, the Willow Foundation, which arranges special days for seriously ill young adults, aged 16 to 40.
You may also want to watch:
The Hertfordshire-based charity was founded in 1999 by former Arsenal goalkeeper and TV presenter Bob Wilson and his wife Megs as a lasting memorial to their daughter, Anna, who died of cancer aged 31.
At the time of writing the winning bid stands at £138, after 27 bids, with the auction set to conclude at Wednesday lunchtime.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
The programme features Canaries skipper Grant Hanley and former City winger Nathan Redmond on the cover, both in retro kits of their respective clubs, as has become a trademark style of the OTBC programme, which is sold for £3.50.