Norwich City transfer rumours: City and Watford given chance to sign AC Milan midfielder
- Credit: Matt Wilkinson/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City are reportedly among a number of clubs who have been presented with the chance to sign Argentinean international midfielder Lucas Biglia from AC Milan.
The 33-year-old has also been offered to fellow Premier League side Watford and Spanish side Celta Vigo as AC Milan look to cash in on the veteran midfielder.
The Daily Mail report suggests City are among a host of top-flight clubs who have been made aware of Biglia's availability.
Biglia was previously linked with the Canaries back in 2012, where reports suggested he was set to join City on loan. The Argentine was at Anderlecht at that point and the move didn't get completed.
He eventually moved to Lazio in 2013, playing 133 games for the Italian side before joining Milan in 2017 for a fee rumoured to be around £17m.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently out of favour at the San Siro, prompting his club to tout his services elsewhere. Biglia has played seven times this season, failing to register a single goal.
With 17 caps for Argentina to his name, Biglia has played alongside Lionel Messi on the international stage.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 4 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 10 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
Verdict: City swooped to sign two midfielders this week, with Hertha Berlin's Ondrej Duda and Hoffenheim's Lukas Rupp joining the club.
Midfield is a heavily populated area of the pitch following those arrivals and it appears unlikely that City will add further reinforcements to that area of the pitch.
Given Biglia is 33 years-old, that doesn't align with City's desired age profile, with the majority of signings possessing a sell-on value in order to safeguard the future of the club.
City also have Alex Tettey and Ibrahim Amadou as natural defensive midfielders, with the need for a third made redundant by the strength in that position.
Daniel Farke's men have fulfilled their quota of non-homegrown players they can register within a Premier League squad, with the maximum being 17. The departures of Philip Heise to Nuernberg on loan and Dennis Srbeny to Paderborn, had freed up to slots.
Rupp and Duda will take those vacant positions in the registered squad, meaning City would have to move on another of their non-homegrown players before recruiting another.