Norwich City keeper seals loan move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s goalkeeper Billy Johnson has joined National League South side Braintree Town on loan.
Johnson will spend the remainder of the season with the non-league outfit as he looks to gain crucial experience to aid his development.
The 20-year-old has played on three occasions for the under-23s this season, with his last outing being in the EFL Trophy as the Canaries beat Crawley Town 2-1 in October.
Johnson also played in the defeat at Oxford United as the young Canaries failed to progress beyond the group stages of that competition.
He spent the majority of his youth career playing within Norfolk and emerged through the Community Sports Foundation's Football and Education programme before signing his first professional contract in August 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Braintree sit 18th in the division and have failed to win in any of their last five league fixtures. Johnson's first match will be against Oxford City on Saturday.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 8 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return