Norwich City keeper seals loan move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s goalkeeper Billy Johnson has joined National League South side Braintree Town on loan.
Johnson will spend the remainder of the season with the non-league outfit as he looks to gain crucial experience to aid his development.
The 20-year-old has played on three occasions for the under-23s this season, with his last outing being in the EFL Trophy as the Canaries beat Crawley Town 2-1 in October.
Johnson also played in the defeat at Oxford United as the young Canaries failed to progress beyond the group stages of that competition.
He spent the majority of his youth career playing within Norfolk and emerged through the Community Sports Foundation's Football and Education programme before signing his first professional contract in August 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Braintree sit 18th in the division and have failed to win in any of their last five league fixtures. Johnson's first match will be against Oxford City on Saturday.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race