Former City keeper joins Stevenage
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Recently released Norwich City goalkeeper Billy Johnson has signed for Stevenage.
The Beccles-born keeper spent last season on loan at Braintree Town and his impressive performances have prompted relegated Stevenage to take a chance on the young shot-stopper.
Johnson will face newly-promoted King’s Lynn Town in the National League next season.
“It feels great,” Johnson said. “It has been a long time coming but I am glad we could get the deal over the line and I am looking forward to what can come for the future. I can’t wait to get back to it.”
Manager Alex Revell told the club’s website, “We are really pleased to announce the signing of Billy. He had a brilliant loan last year at Braintree on loan from Norwich and he has a real presence for such a young man and has real quality.
You may also want to watch:
“He is a fantastic character and knows that he has to come in and work at his best every day to keep improving and earn the right to play. He will be someone that I know will relish that challenge.”
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 9 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 10 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff