MATCHDAY RECAP: Norwich win ugly to move 10 points clear at the summit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sometimes in football, you have to win ugly, regardless of the ae of your preferred brand of football. That's what Norwich City did to gain three points against Birmingham - and you can recap all the action, analysis and reaction from our Canaries correspondents through our matchday blog.
Teemu Pukki continued his rich vein of goalscoring form to add another two to his tally, making it six goals in his last four matches for Norwich. Ollie Skipp's first professional goal made the scoreline more convincing in stoppage time.
Birmingham made the league leaders work hard for their victory and were the dominant force in stages of the fixture. The Blues eventually ran out of steam, allowing the Canaries to grow into the game before they snatched three points to move 10 points clear at the top of the Championship.
Pukki atoned for his missed spot-kick during the first-half, with Ivan Sanchez equalising before the interval for the hosts.
It is the first time since the 2002/03 season that the Canaries have faced two different sides at the same ground in the league, when they visited Selhurst Park twice to play Crystal Palace and Wimbledon.
The pressure on Blues boss Aitor Karanka was eased after a crucial 1-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Mario Vrancic's late strike at Carrow Road ensured Farke's side recorded all three points back in October. The Canaries' boss revealed after the game that Karanka had apologised for the overly defensive approach his side adopted on the night.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean
- You can follow all the action with Connor Southwell via our live blog above, starting with the team news at 6pm.