Blackburn Rovers v Norwich City - all you need to know
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will be looking to maintain top spot in the Championship as they head to Blackburn Rovers on Saturday. We run down all the key points you need to know ahead of the game.
Norwich City have no new injury worries – which makes a change. However, it mustn’t be forgotten that Daniel Farke is still without more players than you can shake a stick at. Todd Cantwell, Kenny McLean, Jordan Hugill and Kieran Dowell are all in contention though
Blackburn likewise have no new injury issues, but they will be without former Canaries favourite Elliott Bennet (ankle), Ben Brereton (knee), Bradley Dack (knee) and Lewis Travis (knee). Tom Trybull, on loan from City, won’t feature either.
Daniel Farke on Blackburn
“Blackburn have top quality up front and play on the offense,” Farke added. “Mowbray is doing a fantastic job and they're competitors for the top six with the squad to achieve it.
“We have to make sure our defending is spot on and we play with compactness while bringing our game onto the pitch with lots of possession.”
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
Tony Mowbray on City
“We don’t want to lose any game, the next one is Norwich City, the league leaders at home, so we know their quality. It’s one we’re looking forward to and one we feel we can win, as we do with every game. We now have two home games and we’ll be looking to try and pick some points up. They have a special striker, (Teemu) Pukki is someone who when I watch Norwich his game understanding of his runs is fantastic, and that will be a big test.”
Blackburn have plenty of Norwich connections – Bradley Johnson, Elliott Bennet, Daniel Ayala and loan player Tom Trybull. Johnson was a big favourite during four seasons at Carrow Road. Here’s what he had to say: “I seem to score against my former clubs and scored against Norwich when I was at Derby. I of course scored twice for us against Derby earlier in the season as well.
“So hopefully I can keep the record going when it comes to scoring against my old clubs.”
Last time the teams met?
City won 1-0 at Ewood Park on their last visit, in December 2018, thanks to Teemu Pukki’s goal, but the more significant game was the return fixture the following April when City won 2-1 to guarantee promotion to the top flight, Mario Vrancic’s goal proving to be the match winner.
Dean Whitestone: The Northamptonshire official’s ninth Championship game of the season – has shown 14 yellow cards, but no reds.
Can I watch the game?
The match is not available for season ticket holders to watch for free on iFollow but a match pass can be purchased for £10.
Had a tricky home run but no unbeaten in four at Ewood Park. City are making a habit of winning – consistency rules, so 2-1 to the visitors.