Blackburn Rovers Under-18s 2, Norwich City Under-18s 1
Norwich City Under-18s were beaten by Blackburn for the third time this season, losing 2-1 in their FA Premier Academy League match at Brockhall.
Two goals in six second-half minutes gave Rovers victory with City grabbing a late consolation goal.
After a goalless first half, Blackburn scored within a minute of the restart, Tom Brown firing goalwards and Jordan Preston getting the final touch. Then Modou Cham set up Callum Harris to make it 2-0.
Deep into injury time, City pulled a goal back when Blackburn ’keeper David Raya sliced a clearance straight to Reece Hall-Johnson, who steered the ball into an empty net.
It was City’s first defeat in six league and cup matches, since December 1. It followed their 4-3 victory at Middlesbrough on Saturday in which Rod Young, Cameron McGeehan (2, 1 pen) and Hall-Johnson were the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich City Under-18: Britt, Norman, Wyatt, McGeehan, Randall, Lokko, Freeman (Hodd, 70), King, Morris, Hall-Johnson, Browne (St Louis, 75). Subs (not used): Swatman, Carroll, Grant.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Reported target set to snub Canaries
- 2 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 3 Canaries' ace Billy Gilmour belts out karaoke classic in city
- 4 'A lot of potential there' - City defender on trial at Coventry
- 5 Exiled City duo feature in stunning U23 friendly comeback
- 6 City confirm midfielder exit
- 7 'He is going to be a top, top player'- City star on Gilmour
- 8 Fans set for Carrow Road return in Gillingham friendly
- 9 Fans could need both jabs to attend Premier League matches under new plans
- 10 Farke savours Lees-Melou masterclass