Blackburn Rovers Under-18s 2, Norwich City Under-18s 1
Norwich City Under-18s were beaten by Blackburn for the third time this season, losing 2-1 in their FA Premier Academy League match at Brockhall.
Two goals in six second-half minutes gave Rovers victory with City grabbing a late consolation goal.
After a goalless first half, Blackburn scored within a minute of the restart, Tom Brown firing goalwards and Jordan Preston getting the final touch. Then Modou Cham set up Callum Harris to make it 2-0.
Deep into injury time, City pulled a goal back when Blackburn ’keeper David Raya sliced a clearance straight to Reece Hall-Johnson, who steered the ball into an empty net.
It was City’s first defeat in six league and cup matches, since December 1. It followed their 4-3 victory at Middlesbrough on Saturday in which Rod Young, Cameron McGeehan (2, 1 pen) and Hall-Johnson were the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich City Under-18: Britt, Norman, Wyatt, McGeehan, Randall, Lokko, Freeman (Hodd, 70), King, Morris, Hall-Johnson, Browne (St Louis, 75). Subs (not used): Swatman, Carroll, Grant.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance