Blackburn Rovers Under-18s 2, Norwich City Under-18s 1
Norwich City Under-18s were beaten by Blackburn for the third time this season, losing 2-1 in their FA Premier Academy League match at Brockhall.
Two goals in six second-half minutes gave Rovers victory with City grabbing a late consolation goal.
After a goalless first half, Blackburn scored within a minute of the restart, Tom Brown firing goalwards and Jordan Preston getting the final touch. Then Modou Cham set up Callum Harris to make it 2-0.
Deep into injury time, City pulled a goal back when Blackburn ’keeper David Raya sliced a clearance straight to Reece Hall-Johnson, who steered the ball into an empty net.
It was City’s first defeat in six league and cup matches, since December 1. It followed their 4-3 victory at Middlesbrough on Saturday in which Rod Young, Cameron McGeehan (2, 1 pen) and Hall-Johnson were the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich City Under-18: Britt, Norman, Wyatt, McGeehan, Randall, Lokko, Freeman (Hodd, 70), King, Morris, Hall-Johnson, Browne (St Louis, 75). Subs (not used): Swatman, Carroll, Grant.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries