Blackburn Rovers Under-18s 2, Norwich City Under-18s 1
Norwich City Under-18s were beaten by Blackburn for the third time this season, losing 2-1 in their FA Premier Academy League match at Brockhall.
Two goals in six second-half minutes gave Rovers victory with City grabbing a late consolation goal.
After a goalless first half, Blackburn scored within a minute of the restart, Tom Brown firing goalwards and Jordan Preston getting the final touch. Then Modou Cham set up Callum Harris to make it 2-0.
Deep into injury time, City pulled a goal back when Blackburn ’keeper David Raya sliced a clearance straight to Reece Hall-Johnson, who steered the ball into an empty net.
It was City’s first defeat in six league and cup matches, since December 1. It followed their 4-3 victory at Middlesbrough on Saturday in which Rod Young, Cameron McGeehan (2, 1 pen) and Hall-Johnson were the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich City Under-18: Britt, Norman, Wyatt, McGeehan, Randall, Lokko, Freeman (Hodd, 70), King, Morris, Hall-Johnson, Browne (St Louis, 75). Subs (not used): Swatman, Carroll, Grant.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 4 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 6 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 7 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 8 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 9 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City