Bloaters are taught lesson by the Blues
Great Yarmouth Town 1, Ipswich Town Reserves 4: A hat-trick from Tony Eastman put a young Ipswich team on the path to a convincing victory on Saturday.
Great Yarmouth Town 1, Ipswich Town Reserves 4
A hat-trick from Tony Eastman put a young Ipswich team on the path to a convincing victory on Saturday.
The Bloaters had the upper hand in the early stages when Andy Hayton produced a wonderful piece of skill before sending a dipping shot just over the Ipswich bar on 20 minutes.
Town came right back at Yarmouth however with Reggie Lambe and David Cawley going close before the Suffolk side got their noses in front in the 27th minute.
You may also want to watch:
A corner was not cleared properly and although Bloaters' keeper Michael Hilton did well to parry a close-range shot, Eastman was on hand to fire home the rebound.
Eastman scored his second after 42 minutes when a high cross defeated Hilton's outstretched arms at the near post.
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 3 Iwan Roberts: Don't blame formations for Norwich City's poor form
- 4 Derby County struggles vindicate Norwich approach for Farke
- 5 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 6 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 7 So where's Norwich City's next point coming from?
- 8 Godfrey had out-grown City's Championship quest
- 9 'There's more to come' - Gilmour reflects on start to life at Norwich
- 10 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
Ipswich then added two more goals within a minute after the break to put the game firmly beyond doubt.
Gareth Palmer conceded a free kick just outside the box in the 72nd minute which Alan Quinn struck directly past Hilton for a fine strike. Then Eastman completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot a minute later.
Stewart Roach scored possibly the goal of the game with 10 minutes left for a Yarmouth consolation though. Palmer went on a run down the right, and centred for Roach to head back past keeper Ian McClaughlin.
t Yarmouth: Hilton, King, Bell, Palmer, Fell, Miller, Vide, Smith, Roach, Reed, Hayton. Subs: Norman, Ferguson, Durrant, Thompson, Wright, Kemp, Jessup.
t Ipswich: McClaughlin, Jones, Dunbur, Cawley, McKewan, Eastman, Edwards, Quinn, Lisbie, Clarke, Lamb. Subs: Murray, Griffiths, Burns.
t Attendance: 155