Blofield A quick out of the blocks
Wensum Albion kicked off their season with an away tie against newly promoted Blofield A, but lost out 3-1.
Norwich and District Business Houses League Division 2
Blofield United A 3, Wensum Albion 1
Albion kicked off their season with an away tie against newly promoted Blofield A. It was a bad start for the away side losing midfield Ian Egerton to a nasty eye injury after just five minutes of the match.
Blofield took the lead not long after with a close range finish eluding Chard in the Albion goal. It was 2-0 midway through the half, again Albion switching off at the wrong time to concede a well finished header.
You may also want to watch:
Albion had some excellent chances themselves with Stu Jarrett seeing a superb volley well saved by the Blofield 'keeper and makeshift striker Everett having a lobbed shot cleared off the line by a defender.
With the first half nearing an end Albion pulled a goal back when a throw in was flicked on by Everett and volleyed home by Martin.
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 6 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 8 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
In a scrappy start to the second half few chances were created by either team. The home side made it three on the hour with a corner converted by their tall defender with a powerful header.
Striker Pete Gorbould was introduced from the bench and nearly scored within minutes of coming on, a lobbed shot again cleared off the line by the Blofied defender.
Another twist to the game late on saw a Gorbould shot was palmed round the post by a Blofied player, the referee having no choice but to send the player off and award a penalty.
Such was Albion's luck in this match that Jut Philo saw the resultant penalty very well saved by the away 'keeper.
t Hatch Brenner Solicitors Man of the Match: Lee Farrow.