Blofield claim Don Frost Cup
Blofield 2, Sheringham 1: A keenly contested final at Wroxham on Friday saw Blofield deservedly overcome Sheringham by the odd goal of three in front of a large crowd, the winner coming in the first period of time added on.
Anglian Combination Don Frost Memorial Cup
Blofield 2, Sheringham 1
A keenly contested final at Wroxham on Friday saw Blofield deservedly overcome Sheringham by the odd goal of three in front of a large crowd, the winner coming in the first period of time added on.
Dan Wynne opened the scoring for the Beavers after 15 minutes, completing an excellent left-wing move involving Kris Hart and Danny McKail. They might well have gone further ahead before the interval but were thwarted by the woodwork and Sheringham keeper Camidge.
You may also want to watch:
The Shannocks came more into the game in the early stages of the second half and equalised on the hour with Matt Jordon scoring from close in at the near post. It was now end to end with both keepers kept busy, but stalemate after 90 minutes.
Seven minutes into extra time saw James Basey-Fisher unleash a stunning drive from distance leaving Camidge helpless in the Sheringham goal, and Blofield held out to receive the Don Frost trophy from Anglian Combination Chairman, Graham Jubb.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
A keenly contested match played in good spirit by both teams who begin their league programmes in earnest on Tuesday.