Blofield claim Don Frost Cup
Blofield 2, Sheringham 1: A keenly contested final at Wroxham on Friday saw Blofield deservedly overcome Sheringham by the odd goal of three in front of a large crowd, the winner coming in the first period of time added on.
Anglian Combination Don Frost Memorial Cup
Blofield 2, Sheringham 1
A keenly contested final at Wroxham on Friday saw Blofield deservedly overcome Sheringham by the odd goal of three in front of a large crowd, the winner coming in the first period of time added on.
Dan Wynne opened the scoring for the Beavers after 15 minutes, completing an excellent left-wing move involving Kris Hart and Danny McKail. They might well have gone further ahead before the interval but were thwarted by the woodwork and Sheringham keeper Camidge.
You may also want to watch:
The Shannocks came more into the game in the early stages of the second half and equalised on the hour with Matt Jordon scoring from close in at the near post. It was now end to end with both keepers kept busy, but stalemate after 90 minutes.
Seven minutes into extra time saw James Basey-Fisher unleash a stunning drive from distance leaving Camidge helpless in the Sheringham goal, and Blofield held out to receive the Don Frost trophy from Anglian Combination Chairman, Graham Jubb.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland
A keenly contested match played in good spirit by both teams who begin their league programmes in earnest on Tuesday.