Blofield claim Don Frost Cup
Blofield 2, Sheringham 1: A keenly contested final at Wroxham on Friday saw Blofield deservedly overcome Sheringham by the odd goal of three in front of a large crowd, the winner coming in the first period of time added on.
Anglian Combination Don Frost Memorial Cup
Blofield 2, Sheringham 1
A keenly contested final at Wroxham on Friday saw Blofield deservedly overcome Sheringham by the odd goal of three in front of a large crowd, the winner coming in the first period of time added on.
Dan Wynne opened the scoring for the Beavers after 15 minutes, completing an excellent left-wing move involving Kris Hart and Danny McKail. They might well have gone further ahead before the interval but were thwarted by the woodwork and Sheringham keeper Camidge.
The Shannocks came more into the game in the early stages of the second half and equalised on the hour with Matt Jordon scoring from close in at the near post. It was now end to end with both keepers kept busy, but stalemate after 90 minutes.
Seven minutes into extra time saw James Basey-Fisher unleash a stunning drive from distance leaving Camidge helpless in the Sheringham goal, and Blofield held out to receive the Don Frost trophy from Anglian Combination Chairman, Graham Jubb.
- 1 City old boy Martin rebuffed job interest amid Watford reports
- 2 'They've handled this badly but I'm glad Teemu won' - fans react to Pukki POTS award
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in West Brom's Kipre
- 4 Canaries on the right track with Dean Smith, insists Zimmermann
- 5 'Why are the disillusioned leaving their calling card by way of an empty seat?'
- 6 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 7 Ian Clarke: Time for City to end miserable season with a big scalp
- 8 Teemu Pukki named as Norwich City Player of the Season
- 9 Chris Sutton: Pukki is a Norwich legend... Now they must keep him
- 10 PODCAST: A City point to discuss as attentions turn to next season
A keenly contested match played in good spirit by both teams who begin their league programmes in earnest on Tuesday.