Poor miss typifies Cameron Jerome’s difficult spell during City’s disappointing loss at Bolton
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of striker Cameron Jerome, who endured a disappointing afternoon as the Canaries were beaten 2-1 at lowly Bolton Wanderers. Here’s how his game unfolded...
9 – Exchanges a nice one-two with Wes Hoolahan and fires a low shot that Ben Alnwick saves with his feet at the near post. Hoolahan regains possession, Ivo Pinto tees up Jerome near the penalty spot and the striker fires miserably wide.
22 – One-two with James Maddison on the edge of the box but the midfielder is crowded out.
23 – Timm Klose delays a long pass, causing Jerome to be offside trying to run clean through, who vents his frustration at the defender’s pass.
You may also want to watch:
30 – Applauds Klose’s defensive work to win a goal-kick off Mark Little in a dangerous position, Angus Gunn kicks towards him but Mark Beevers wins the header.
31 – Tom Trybull plays in to feet but the 31-year-old gives away to Josh Vela with a poor pass.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
34 – Chases Little and then David Wheater trying to win possession, doesn’t and throws arms up in frustration.
37 – Works hard to stop Sammy Ameobi clearing, charges across to tackle and win a throw.
52 – Comes across to the left to help Marco Stiepermann but is crowded out in the corner.
65 – Gets up high to flick on a Gunn goal-kick, finally enjoying some aerial success during a tough shift.
70 – Wins a corner off Gary Madine when trying to deflect a Maddison corner goalwards.
74 – Hoolahan floats a cross in from the left with Jerome unmarked at the back post but left-back Antonee Robinson gets back just in time to head behind.
80 – Swipes at a Mario Vrancic pass out of defence, trying to play Hoolahan through but failing to make proper contact with the ball.
84 – Held back by Beevers as he tries to turn goalwards, defender is booked.
86 – Heads a corner tamely wide after Vrancic swings the set-piece to the back post.
90+4 – ASSIST – Turns on the edge of the Bolton box, rolls to Murphy to his left and the winger thumps home a fine late consolation into the top-right corner.
Verdict: Another frustrating shift for the experienced striker, who is stuck on two goals from 15 games in all competitions. Little joy in the air and afternoon was typified by another poor effort in the ninth minute, failing to hit the target from near the penalty spot. Tired and lacking in confidence.
Rating: 5 out of 10