Bolton Wanderers v Norwich City - The Lowdown
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Can Norwich City get back in the Championship groove at relegation-threatened Bolton Wanderers? Get in the mood with video, quotes, betting odds, predicted line-ups and squad news.
• BOLTON TEAM NEWS
Marc Wilson (hamstring) and former Norwich midfielder Gary O’Neil (calf) are fresh injury doubts. Jack Hobbs (Achilles), Andy Taylor (calf), Luca Connell (calf), Joe Williams (thigh) and City loanee Yanic Wildschut (ankle) are all sidelined
• NORWICH TEAM NEWS
Alex Tettey suffered ankle ligament damage at Preston in midweek.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder has already returned to Norfolk for scans to assess the extent of his layoff. Marco Stiepermann and Emi Buendia are struggling with muscle problems, ahead of a third game in six days, but Daniel Farke sounded an optimistic tone on Friday both would be fit.
Mario Vrancic (ankle) is out for the next three games. Moritz Leitner and Timm Klose come back into the mix after long term lay-offs.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
Louis Thompson (knee) and Carlton Morris (ankle) are out longer term. Thompson is targeting a return to training at the end of March and could play some part in the run-in.
• FROM THE DUGOUTS
Phil Parkinson (Bolton): “That has set the standard (1-0 win at Birmingham City on Tuesday). It shows everybody that Bolton Wanderers are alive and kicking and we must try and build on that performance this weekend against Norwich.
“A lot of people after Saturday thought we were dead and buried and couldn’t see a way out for us but we are resilient and we’ll continue to be so. We will fight to the very end.”
Daniel Farke (Norwich): “My feeling is the mood is very good, we have had a chance to calm down, watch the (Preston) game and talk about it. But I have not changed my mind. We lost the game in the first 20 minutes.
“We know the importance of starting the (Bolton) game on the front foot. We are ready for anything. Bolton is fighting relegation but they have such an experienced group of players, probably one of the oldest squads in the league.
“They also know the system Phil Parkinson wants to play and they won’t get nervous despite being in the relegation places.
“They have proved it last season they can handle this situation. They know they have a day more to prepare and they will be highly motivated.”
• KEY MAN – REMI MATTHEWS
Norfolk bred keeper who eventually sealed a permanent move to Bolton in the January transfer window. Initially joined on loan last summer after failing to establish himself as Norwich number one during City’s own pre-season tour of Germany. Never made a senior appearance for his boyhood club. Had numerous loan spells at the likes of Hamilton and Plymouth.
• OPPOSITION BOSS – PHIL PARKINSON
Guided Bolton to promotion from League One and then kept them up last season in dramatic fashion. Also won promotion earlier in his coaching career at Colchester. Also took Bradford to an improbable League Cup final in 2013 as a third fourth tier side.
• BETTING ODDS
(odds supplied from Skybet)
• LEAGUE FORM
BOLTON: W-L-L-D-L (4 points from a possible 15)
CITY: L-W-W-D-W (10 points from a possible 15)
• PREDICTED LINE-UPS
Bolton (5-3-2): Matthews, Olkowski, Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, Noone, O’Neil, Lowe, Connolly, Magennis, Donaldson
Norwich (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; Leitner, Trybull; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki
• REFEREE – ANDY WOOLMER (NORTHANTS)
Shown 64 yellow and four red cards in 20 appointments this season.
• Make sure to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device’s app store