Bookies are predicting a home win for Norwich City
BETTING: A late Jay Rodriguez goal resulted in Norwich losing 2-1 when they last met Burnley as a Championship side at Turf Moor last term, although bookies do not expect a repeat when the duo lock horns again in the FA Cup third round at Carrow Road tomorrow.
Although Partybets price a draw at 11/4, Blue Square install the Canaries as their understandably short 8/11 favourites to progress to the fourth round at the first time of asking.
The pair have never met in the FA Cup, but it’s difficult to see tomorrow’s encounter being anything other than one-way traffic, all of it heading towards Burnley’s goalmouth.
Bookies concur, with William Hill offering a generous-looking 11/4 against the Canaries winning without conceding. Given that Burnley have managed only five clean sheets all season, this looks a particularly attractive wager.
In other markets, Skybet price Paul Lambert’s charges at 7/4 to hold the lead at the end of both halves and Boylesports prices them at 2/1 to win when kicking off with a one-goal deficit.
You may also want to watch:
Punters anticipating a feisty affair can get 13/5 (Paddy Power) against either side scoring from the spot.
Those who suspect a penalty goal will be just one of a handful can also get 13/8 (Betfred) about the tie producing more than 3.5 goals, while Victor Chandler’s 7/4 for the game’s total goal minutes to exceed 171 holds considerable appeal.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 7 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 8 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 9 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 10 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
Once again, the correct score markets have been especially busy with virtually all of the betting action supporting a comfortable Norwich success. Ladbrokes post 8/1 against a 2-0 home win and Stan James’s 14/1 for the Canaries to win 3-0 has proved popular.
However, it’s the FA Cup and, as Burnley proved when drawing 2-2 at Carrow Road last season, when they were expected to get hammered, they’re a team with spirit.
Remember, this competition rarely fails to inspire the underdog and punters who appreciate this may fancy William Hill’s enormous 7/1 for it to finish 1-1.