Bookies back Norwich City to clinch promotion
Norwich City are being strongly backed to take the second automatic promotion spot in League One. Bookmakers - online and in the High Street - have Leeds United as clear favourites to be the first team promoted next May.
Norwich City are being strongly backed to take the second automatic promotion spot in League One.
Bookmakers - online and in the High Street - have Leeds United as clear favourites to be the first team promoted next May.
But while Charlton currently hold second spot in the table, the bookies have been impressed by City's unbeaten run of six league games, and reckon they are more likely to go up than the south Londoners.
It's marginal between City and the Addicks, but there has been a clear swing in favour of Paul Lambert's team in recent weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Coral have City at 6-5 to be promoted and Charlton at 11-10, while SkyBet have City evens and Charlton 5-4.
Huddersfield look to be the best of the rest, with Colchester, MK Dons and Millwall following.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Leeds are red-hot favourites to go up - some bookies have them at 1-16, while the odds of them going up as champions are also odds on - SkyBet have them at 2-7 while Coral have them at 1-4.
The race for the Golden Boot is another close-run affair, with Rickie Lambert just edging out Leeds' Jermaine Beckford and City's Grant Holt. Lambert currently has 14 for Southampton, with Holt on 13 and Beckford one further behind.