Bookies back Norwich City to clinch promotion
Norwich City are being strongly backed to take the second automatic promotion spot in League One. Bookmakers - online and in the High Street - have Leeds United as clear favourites to be the first team promoted next May.
Norwich City are being strongly backed to take the second automatic promotion spot in League One.
Bookmakers - online and in the High Street - have Leeds United as clear favourites to be the first team promoted next May.
But while Charlton currently hold second spot in the table, the bookies have been impressed by City's unbeaten run of six league games, and reckon they are more likely to go up than the south Londoners.
It's marginal between City and the Addicks, but there has been a clear swing in favour of Paul Lambert's team in recent weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Coral have City at 6-5 to be promoted and Charlton at 11-10, while SkyBet have City evens and Charlton 5-4.
Huddersfield look to be the best of the rest, with Colchester, MK Dons and Millwall following.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
Leeds are red-hot favourites to go up - some bookies have them at 1-16, while the odds of them going up as champions are also odds on - SkyBet have them at 2-7 while Coral have them at 1-4.
The race for the Golden Boot is another close-run affair, with Rickie Lambert just edging out Leeds' Jermaine Beckford and City's Grant Holt. Lambert currently has 14 for Southampton, with Holt on 13 and Beckford one further behind.