Boothroyd: No interest in Cranie
Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd has dismissed reports Norwich City have registered their interest in Martin Cranie. Reports had suggested the 23-year-old defender could be set to make the same move as former team-mate Elliott Ward and switch the Ricoh Arena for Carrow Road this summer.
Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd has dismissed reports Norwich City have registered their interest in Martin Cranie.
Reports had suggested the 23-year-old defender could be set to make the same move as former team-mate Elliott Ward and switch the Ricoh Arena for Carrow Road this summer.
However, Boothroyd said yesterday: “I have not had a single call and neither has the chairman, so as far as we are concerned it is just speculation and rumour which you get at this time of year.”
It was thought Norwich manager Paul Lambert may see Cranie as the ideal recruit following the summer departures of Gary Doherty, Michael Spillane and David Stephens.
You may also want to watch:
A former England Under-21 international, Cranie can play at right-back or centre-back, but played nearly an hour in midfield in Coventry's goalless pre-season draw at Hinckley United on Saturday at the weekend, after playing half an hour in a friendly at Nuneaton last Wednesday.
Yeovil-born Cranie began his career in the same Southampton Academy side as Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale, before joining Portsmouth in the summer of 2007 - during which he was also linked with the Canaries.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
He joined Coventry last August and made 42 senior appearances in all competitions, scoring once.