‘Best team in this league by a mile and top for a reason’ – City fans thrilled after win at Boro
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sealing a seventh successive victory has Norwich City fans singing from the Championship rooftops about just how good Daniel Farke’s league leaders are this evening.
Winning 1-0 at Middlesbrough, thanks to an Onel Hernandez strike settling a hard fought encounter early in the second half, moved the Canaries five points clear at the summit.
Leeds had moved up to second after a 3-2 home win over Millwall but Sheffield United’s 3-2 loss to Bristol City at Bramall Lane this afternoon had opened up a chance for City to move seven points clear of the third-placed Blades.
It’s a chance the Canaries have made the most of, securing a fabulous position to secure automatic promotion with seven matches remaining – knowing five wins will seal a Premier League return.
Farke’s side continued their brilliant campaign by completing a league double over the play-off chasing hosts, who slip to eighth after their fourth successive loss.
You may also want to watch:
• See the best of the reaction above and below
• You can catch up with all the reaction and analysis from the Riverside in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
• Make sure to download the Pink Un App as well, for exclusive insight and analysis from our Canaries correspondents, available for free in your mobile device’s app store
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 9 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?