Watch extended highlights of Norwich City going top with victory at Boro
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have moved to the top of the Championship table after 12 games and now you can watch extended highlights of the Canaries’ 1-0 win at Middlesbrough.
It was a tale of two penalties, with Przemek Placheta losing possession and Ben Gibson fouling Marcus Tavernier to give Boro a big chance to claim the lead five minutes after the break.
However, Tavernier slipped as he took the spot-kick and his successful attempt was ruled out, with referee Tony Harrington deciding the midfielder had touched the ball twice.
It was a huge let off against a team who were unbeaten in 10 and had only conceded one goal in their last seven matches - and City took full advantage.
Max Aarons exchanged a one-two with Emi Buendia as he charged forward on the right and was brought down to win a penalty, which half-time substitute Teemu Pukki calmly converted in the 72nd minute for his sixth goal in nine games for club and country.
You may also want to watch:
With leaders Reading allowing a two-goal lead to become a 4-2 defeat at Bournemouth in the early kick-off and QPR holding Watford to a 1-1 draw, it means Daniel Farke’s team had climbed to first place as they extended their unbeaten run to eight games, thanks to a third successive clean sheet.
- You can watch the extended highlights above, as well as David Freezer’s verdict at the top of this article
- 1 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Paddy’s Pointers: Five observations from Norwich City’s eventful 3-2 Championship win against Stoke City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 5 City defender Gibson hopes win over Stoke will silence the critics
- 6 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 7 Stoke City 2-3 Norwich City: Buendia red card, Krul injury but Canaries stay top of the Championship
- 8 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 9 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 10 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation