Watch extended highlights of Norwich City going top with victory at Boro
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have moved to the top of the Championship table after 12 games and now you can watch extended highlights of the Canaries’ 1-0 win at Middlesbrough.
It was a tale of two penalties, with Przemek Placheta losing possession and Ben Gibson fouling Marcus Tavernier to give Boro a big chance to claim the lead five minutes after the break.
However, Tavernier slipped as he took the spot-kick and his successful attempt was ruled out, with referee Tony Harrington deciding the midfielder had touched the ball twice.
It was a huge let off against a team who were unbeaten in 10 and had only conceded one goal in their last seven matches - and City took full advantage.
Max Aarons exchanged a one-two with Emi Buendia as he charged forward on the right and was brought down to win a penalty, which half-time substitute Teemu Pukki calmly converted in the 72nd minute for his sixth goal in nine games for club and country.
You may also want to watch:
With leaders Reading allowing a two-goal lead to become a 4-2 defeat at Bournemouth in the early kick-off and QPR holding Watford to a 1-1 draw, it means Daniel Farke’s team had climbed to first place as they extended their unbeaten run to eight games, thanks to a third successive clean sheet.
- You can watch the extended highlights above, as well as David Freezer’s verdict at the top of this article
- 1 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 6 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 7 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 8 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss