‘You’re not going up this season’ – Boro fan’s angry rant about City has not aged well
- Credit: Youtube.com/BoroFanTV
Victory over Middlesbrough proved a turning point for Norwich City earlier this season, contrary to the belief of an angry Boro fan who embarked on an emotional rant about the Canaries back in September.
Teemu Pukki’s goal just before the hour mark, after being played into the box by Emi Buendia, proved decisive at Carrow Road on an afternoon when Norwich had 62 percent of possession and six of their 16 shots were on target.
REPORT: Norwich City 1 Middlesbrough 0
That dominance did not prevent the raging supporter, described as ‘AJT’ when he spoke to Boro Fan TV, from tearing into the Canaries though, saying: “I just hate this club, I can’t stand Norwich, man, I hate these lads with a passion, me.”
Ahead of the game City had won just one of their opening six Championship games and Boro were second in the table with four wins and two draws, conceding just twice.
“Well done here today, well done for your three points, but listen man, where you going to go at the end of the season? You’re probably going to League One, probably going to get relegated,” he continued.
You may also want to watch:
“Because I’m telling you now, teams will be coming here and teams will be trouncing you, Boro today did not go down with a fight, we did not give 100 percent for this (points to the club crest on his shirt).”
AJT’s prediction about Norwich getting relegated has proved far from accurate ahead of the teams meeting again on Saturday though, in a televised 5.30pm kick-off.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
Norwich sit four points clear at the top with eight games remaining, while Boro are 20 points behind in fifth place after three successive defeats, leaving them just four points clear of 11th-placed Nottingham Forest.
He concluded: “I tell you now, you’re not going up this season.
“Well done, because you got three points, that’s probably the only three points you’re going to get this season, simple as!”
• Watch the full Boro Fan TV video above, which does feature occasional moderate swearing