Boss vows Blues will bounce back
Viv Thomas Lowestoft joint manager Micky Chapman has vowed his side will bounce back from yesterday's shock defeat.The runaway Ryman Division One North leaders lost 3-2 at home to lowly Ware with a brace by Matt Nolan.
Lowestoft joint manager Micky Chapman has vowed his side will bounce back from Saturday's shock defeat.
The runaway Ryman Division One North leaders lost 3-2 at home to lowly Ware with a brace by Matt Nolan.
Chapman said: “It was a disappointing day for us. We didn't deserve anything from the game - we were terrible, to be frank.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all disappointed, but the sign of a good side is how you respond and that test comes on Tuesday against Tilbury at Crown Meadow in the last 16 of the Championship Manager Cup.”
He was quick to dismiss the idea that complacency might have set in, saying: “For 99 per cent of this season, coming into a new league, they have been first class. They don't go out there to lose. We don't let them get complacent.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 7 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 8 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
“Something you get a day when nothing goes right - you see that with top sides too - it was our day [on Saturday].
“They have got an opportunity to put it right on Tuesday. We have got a lot of confidence in our boys - they are a good bunch of lads and hopefully it will happen.”
Lowestoft were originally due to travel to Tilbury in the league on Tuesday night but that was changed because of the cup game against the same team.