Boss vows Blues will bounce back
Viv Thomas Lowestoft joint manager Micky Chapman has vowed his side will bounce back from yesterday's shock defeat.The runaway Ryman Division One North leaders lost 3-2 at home to lowly Ware with a brace by Matt Nolan.
Lowestoft joint manager Micky Chapman has vowed his side will bounce back from Saturday's shock defeat.
The runaway Ryman Division One North leaders lost 3-2 at home to lowly Ware with a brace by Matt Nolan.
Chapman said: “It was a disappointing day for us. We didn't deserve anything from the game - we were terrible, to be frank.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all disappointed, but the sign of a good side is how you respond and that test comes on Tuesday against Tilbury at Crown Meadow in the last 16 of the Championship Manager Cup.”
He was quick to dismiss the idea that complacency might have set in, saying: “For 99 per cent of this season, coming into a new league, they have been first class. They don't go out there to lose. We don't let them get complacent.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 9 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 10 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
“Something you get a day when nothing goes right - you see that with top sides too - it was our day [on Saturday].
“They have got an opportunity to put it right on Tuesday. We have got a lot of confidence in our boys - they are a good bunch of lads and hopefully it will happen.”
Lowestoft were originally due to travel to Tilbury in the league on Tuesday night but that was changed because of the cup game against the same team.