Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- Credit: PA
Bournemouth lost further ground on Norwich City in the Championship promotion race after losing 1-0 at Derby County.
The Cherries have won just one of their last six league games and are now fifth, eight points behind leaders City, who play Bristol City on Wednesday night.
Swansea are second, four points back, although their game at Blackburn Rovers was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.
Watford are third after a 1-0 home win over Barnsley – who host the Canaries in the FA Cup on Saturday – while Reading are fourth after a 3-0 home win over Coventry City.
In the other Championship game, Rotherham drew 3-3 with Stoke City while Reading beat Coventry 3-0.
Derby’s win was their first under new boss Wayne Rooney and came courtesy of a first-half goal by Krystian Bielik.
Disappointed Bournemouth manager Jason Tindall said: "I felt we weren't at our best in the first half.
- 1 Cantwell opens up on his Norwich City future
- 2 'He was brilliant' - City ace hails winger's impact during latest win
- 3 Norwich City and the Soccerbot360: The inside track on why Canaries want the £750,000 aid
- 4 Ex-City striker Jerome reveals late January bid from Cardiff
- 5 The Canaries' trip to Forest subject to updated kick-off time
- 6 Wycombe have 'nothing to fear' against table toppers, says Ainsworth
- 7 City want to bring 2,000 fans back for Championship run in
- 8 Farke sets promotion points target
- 9 An unhappy anniversary for this Norwich City fan
- 10 City number one on Nyland's arrival and Barden's bright future
"It's been a disappointing week to say the least, with just one point from nine, but it's about how we bounce back now."