Bradenham cause cup upset
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League The seven remaining matches in the fourth round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition, were played.
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League
The seven remaining matches in the fourth round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition, were played.
The shock of the day was created by the third division leaders Bradenham Wanderers Reserves who won 3-2 at Bridgham United from Division One.
The other matches all went to league form. Three first division teams went through - Narborough beat Breckland Wanderers 2-1, Gressenhall won by the same score at Sporle and in the only all first division match, Dickleburgh came out on top, winning 3-1 at Cranworth. The second Division leaders Thetford Rovers Reserves won 5-1 at Bunwell, Northwold S&SC beat Wendling 4-1 at home and West End ran out 7-3 winners at Shipdham Reserves
You may also want to watch:
In the two remaining Norfolk Primary Cup quarter-finals, Castle Acre Swifts became the second team from the league to reach the semi-finals with a 4-2 win at William Burt but Thurton and Ashby failed to progress, going down 2-1 at home to Old Hunstanton.
Three first round matches in the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup were played. Morley Village won 2-0 at Gressenhall Reserves, Necton Reserves secured a 5-3 home win over Tacolneston and fourth division leaders Splitz United beat Great Cressingham by the odd goal of three.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
In the league, Division One leaders Dereham Town A had a narrow 1-0 win over Shipdham to extend their lead at the top of the table to eight points.
Cockers and Hingham Athletic took a point each from a 2-2 draw and Yaxham gained their win of the season with a 2-1 home success over Rockland United.
There were just two matches in Division Two. Wymondham Town A and Shropham United drew 1-1 and Hingham Athletic Reserves beat Saham Toney Reserves 3-1 to move off the foot of the table with their opponents dropping to fill their place.
The only match in Division Three resulted in a 2-2 draw between Bawdeswell and Hethersett Athletic, a result which lifts Bawdeswell up to third place.
In Division Four, Methwold Rovers consolidated their hold on third place with an impressive 13-0 home win over bottom team Beetley United while Shropham United Reserves beat Scarning United by the odd goal of five.
The other two matches ended as 2-2 draws. Rampant Horse shared the spoils with Colkirk while Stoke Ferry and Narborough Reserves secured a point each.