Brandon scrape through on penalties
Wymondham Town came agonisingly close to pulling off a shock in the second round of the Mummery Cup. Premier Division Brandon Town looked on their way out until John Waites popped up with his second goal of the game to force extra time after two goals from Andrew Harvey had given the Division One hosts a 2-1 lead.
Wymondham Town came agonisingly close to pulling off a shock in the second round of the Mummery Cup.
Premier Division Brandon Town looked on their way out until John Waites popped up with his second goal of the game to force extra time after two goals from Andrew Harvey had given the Division One hosts a 2-1 lead.
And with no further goals in extra-time Brandon won the penalty shoot-out 4-2 to earn a mouth-watering home quarter-final against Blofield - who won 3-2 at Sprowston Athletic with goals from Simon Blowers, Paul Warman and Alex Jeffries.
Saturday's other ties were much more one-sided.
You may also want to watch:
Two goals from Steven Clark led Dersingham's 5-0 thrashing of Lowestoft Reserves while there were two each for Andrew Pantelli and Jamie Long in Halvergate's 4-0 win over Norwich Union.
Meanwhile, Scole cantered to a 3-0 win at Aylsham Wanderers (Wayne Barrett, Kevin Goldsmith and Robert Tooke) and Gayton United beat Wroxham Reserves 4-1 with goals from Kevin Wingfield, Daniel Rasberry, Steven Parkes and Philip Hurr.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
3rd rd draw: Brandon v Blofield, Loddon or Dereham Res v Gayton, Halvergate v Scole, North Walsham v Dersingham. Ties to be played on Saturday, December 16 (ko 1.45pm).
t In the Premier Division, Sheringham moved up to fourth with a 3-0 win over Mattishall (Kristian Gleave, Karl Fox, Stewart Barker).
A solitary Oliver Ramsbottom goal was enough to give Attleborough the three points against North Walsham Town while Acle beat Beccles 2-0 with goals from John Curtis and Lewis Broomfield.
With Division One leaders Dereham Res not playing Hindringham were able to close to within two points with a 4-1 win over Sprowston Wanderers (Mark Betts 2, Gary Belton, Jason Chilvers).