Brave cup battle by Boro
Attleborough Town Ladies played Taverham Ladies in the Norfolk Women’s Cup.
For the majority of Boro’s players this was their first taste of 11-a-side on a full-size pitch, and they can feel proud of their performance.
It was Boro who took the early lead with Sherrel Williamson putting them ahead. Playing against a much more experienced side Boro gave a good account of themselves.
The visitors did pull a goal back, only for Lucy Kean to put Boro back in front. Taverham scored twice more to lead 3-2 at half time.
The second half was somewhat spoilt when fog made conditions difficult, at times being unable to see from one end to the other. However both sides carried on and the came was played in good spirit.
You may also want to watch:
Boro continued to challenge for everything and never stopped running. Taverham did make the most of their experience and fitness to make their total eight.
To mark Boro’s attitude they scored again when Samantha Howard ran through to finish. This was a very good team effort and Boro will look forward to moving up to 11-a-side next season.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 3 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
Final score: Attleborough Ladies 3, Taverham Ladies 8.