Brave cup battle by Boro
Attleborough Town Ladies played Taverham Ladies in the Norfolk Women’s Cup.
For the majority of Boro’s players this was their first taste of 11-a-side on a full-size pitch, and they can feel proud of their performance.
It was Boro who took the early lead with Sherrel Williamson putting them ahead. Playing against a much more experienced side Boro gave a good account of themselves.
The visitors did pull a goal back, only for Lucy Kean to put Boro back in front. Taverham scored twice more to lead 3-2 at half time.
The second half was somewhat spoilt when fog made conditions difficult, at times being unable to see from one end to the other. However both sides carried on and the came was played in good spirit.
Boro continued to challenge for everything and never stopped running. Taverham did make the most of their experience and fitness to make their total eight.
To mark Boro’s attitude they scored again when Samantha Howard ran through to finish. This was a very good team effort and Boro will look forward to moving up to 11-a-side next season.
- 1 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 2 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 3 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 4 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 5 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 6 Media exclusion from Webber interview hardly 'transparent'
- 7 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 8 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 10 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
Final score: Attleborough Ladies 3, Taverham Ladies 8.