Brave cup battle by Boro
Attleborough Town Ladies played Taverham Ladies in the Norfolk Women’s Cup.
For the majority of Boro’s players this was their first taste of 11-a-side on a full-size pitch, and they can feel proud of their performance.
It was Boro who took the early lead with Sherrel Williamson putting them ahead. Playing against a much more experienced side Boro gave a good account of themselves.
The visitors did pull a goal back, only for Lucy Kean to put Boro back in front. Taverham scored twice more to lead 3-2 at half time.
The second half was somewhat spoilt when fog made conditions difficult, at times being unable to see from one end to the other. However both sides carried on and the came was played in good spirit.
You may also want to watch:
Boro continued to challenge for everything and never stopped running. Taverham did make the most of their experience and fitness to make their total eight.
To mark Boro’s attitude they scored again when Samantha Howard ran through to finish. This was a very good team effort and Boro will look forward to moving up to 11-a-side next season.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 3 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 9 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
Final score: Attleborough Ladies 3, Taverham Ladies 8.