‘That point will be seen as an important one!’ - City fans content with a draw against Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s winning streak was brought to an end but Kenny McLean and Lady Luck combined to salvage a draw at Brentford.
Emi Buendia and Grant Hanley missed gilt-edged chances for the Canaries in the first half, either side of Ivan Toney’s opener for the Bees in the 28th minute.
Tim Krul was needed to make two important saves as last season’s beaten play-off finalists dealt with City’s threat reasonably comfortably, with Mario Vrancic struggling to make an impact after his match-winning heroics had earned him his first start of the season.
However, McLean came on for just the second time in five games and tried his luck from the edge of the box in the 87th minute, with a powerful low shot taking a big deflection off Bees defender Mads Bech Sorensen.
It was a late goal for the fourth successive game, extending an unbeaten run to four matches.
You may also want to watch:
Next up is another tough away game at Bristol City on Saturday (12.30pm kick-off), who are at Bournemouth this evening.
- Read the thoughts of City fans above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol