‘That point will be seen as an important one!’ - City fans content with a draw against Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s winning streak was brought to an end but Kenny McLean and Lady Luck combined to salvage a draw at Brentford.
Emi Buendia and Grant Hanley missed gilt-edged chances for the Canaries in the first half, either side of Ivan Toney’s opener for the Bees in the 28th minute.
Tim Krul was needed to make two important saves as last season’s beaten play-off finalists dealt with City’s threat reasonably comfortably, with Mario Vrancic struggling to make an impact after his match-winning heroics had earned him his first start of the season.
However, McLean came on for just the second time in five games and tried his luck from the edge of the box in the 87th minute, with a powerful low shot taking a big deflection off Bees defender Mads Bech Sorensen.
It was a late goal for the fourth successive game, extending an unbeaten run to four matches.
You may also want to watch:
Next up is another tough away game at Bristol City on Saturday (12.30pm kick-off), who are at Bournemouth this evening.
- Read the thoughts of City fans above and below
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round