Watch extended highlights of Norwich City’s hard fought draw at Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City extended their unbeaten run to four games as they salvaged a draw against fellow promotion hopefuls Brentford in West London last night - and now you can watch extended highlights of the Championship battle.
Emi Buendia and Grant Hanley went agonisingly close to scoring for the Canaries either side of Ivan Toney putting the hosts in front in the 27th minute
Tim Krul also made two vital saves to prevent the Bees from doubling their lead either side of half-time and that allowed City to work their way into a tense second half.
Eventually it was Kenny McLean, introduced as a substitute alongside Jordan Hugill in the 68th minute, who span nicely as he received a pass from Buendia on the edge of the box and fired a low shot which deflected kindly past home keeper David Raya Martin.
It was the Scotland international’s first goal since the famous 3-2 win over Manchester City in the Premier League in September 2019 and although City couldn’t stretch their winning streak to four games, it kept an unbeaten streak in tact.
You may also want to watch:
- Watch the video above to see extended highlights and the video at the top of this article for our match verdict
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion