Watch extended highlights of Norwich City’s hard fought draw at Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City extended their unbeaten run to four games as they salvaged a draw against fellow promotion hopefuls Brentford in West London last night - and now you can watch extended highlights of the Championship battle.
Emi Buendia and Grant Hanley went agonisingly close to scoring for the Canaries either side of Ivan Toney putting the hosts in front in the 27th minute
Tim Krul also made two vital saves to prevent the Bees from doubling their lead either side of half-time and that allowed City to work their way into a tense second half.
Eventually it was Kenny McLean, introduced as a substitute alongside Jordan Hugill in the 68th minute, who span nicely as he received a pass from Buendia on the edge of the box and fired a low shot which deflected kindly past home keeper David Raya Martin.
It was the Scotland international’s first goal since the famous 3-2 win over Manchester City in the Premier League in September 2019 and although City couldn’t stretch their winning streak to four games, it kept an unbeaten streak in tact.
You may also want to watch:
- Watch the video above to see extended highlights and the video at the top of this article for our match verdict
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 4 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 5 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 6 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 9 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat