Brentford 2, Norwich City 1
Two second-half goals condemned Norwich to a 2-1 defeat at Griffin Park in their first outing since Paul Lambert was appointed manager.
Lambert was in the directors' box and saw City share an even opening period before coming off second best after the break.
Once again they paid for missing their opportunities: Grant Holt, Cody McDonald and Owain Tudur Jones - recalled at the expense of teenager Tom Adeyemi - could all have scored in the first 45 minutes.
Brentford went ahead on 50 minutes, a long throw from the right by David Hunt finding the head of left back Ryan Dickson who rose above the crowd on the penalty spot to head into the far corner.
It went from bad to worse on 71 minutes when Matt Gill handled on the edge of the area and Hunt's low free-kick fizzed past Ben Alnwick in the City goal.
You may also want to watch:
Sub Chris Martin went close to dragging City back into the game on 84 minutes when a curling shot was tipped around the post by Price.
But it wasn't until injury time that City broke through, Holt earning a free-kick just outside the area and Tudur Jones cracking a lovely effort home, although keeper Lewis Price perhaps should have done better
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis