Brentwood Town 5 Norwich United 2: Planters rooted to bottom of table
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United’s poor start to the season continued with a 5-2 reversal at Brentwood Town which leaves them rooted to the bottom of the table.
Steve Eastaugh included on-loan Henry Pollock and new signing Matt Brown in his starting line-up.
The Planters went behind after 19 minutes when Matt Price scored from the spot. Harrison Georgiou extended the lead seven minutes later and Andrew Freeman gave the hosts a three-goal lead eight minutes before the break.
Lawrence Cheese scored his first goal for the club to reduce the arrears three minutes before half-time to give the Planters some hope and when Ben Jones scored a second 13 minutes ino the second half hopes of rescuing something were heightened.
But Matt Price calmed home nerves with a second penalty with just four minutes remaining and he completed his hat trick with an injury-time goal.
You may also want to watch:
Brentwood Town: Page, Pugsley (Martin 53), Foster, Jones, O’Rawe, Cavalier, Stanley (Hilton 76), Rees, Price, Georgiou (Gardner 76), Freeman. Subs not used: Hilder, Bademosi.
Norwich United: Wilton, Pollock, Brown (Watts 62), Crosby, Wones, Eastaugh, Jones, Speller, Hipperson, Cheese (Will 63), Flute (Mackie 70).
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion