Brentwood Town 5 Norwich United 2: Planters rooted to bottom of table
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United’s poor start to the season continued with a 5-2 reversal at Brentwood Town which leaves them rooted to the bottom of the table.
Steve Eastaugh included on-loan Henry Pollock and new signing Matt Brown in his starting line-up.
The Planters went behind after 19 minutes when Matt Price scored from the spot. Harrison Georgiou extended the lead seven minutes later and Andrew Freeman gave the hosts a three-goal lead eight minutes before the break.
Lawrence Cheese scored his first goal for the club to reduce the arrears three minutes before half-time to give the Planters some hope and when Ben Jones scored a second 13 minutes ino the second half hopes of rescuing something were heightened.
But Matt Price calmed home nerves with a second penalty with just four minutes remaining and he completed his hat trick with an injury-time goal.
You may also want to watch:
Brentwood Town: Page, Pugsley (Martin 53), Foster, Jones, O’Rawe, Cavalier, Stanley (Hilton 76), Rees, Price, Georgiou (Gardner 76), Freeman. Subs not used: Hilder, Bademosi.
Norwich United: Wilton, Pollock, Brown (Watts 62), Crosby, Wones, Eastaugh, Jones, Speller, Hipperson, Cheese (Will 63), Flute (Mackie 70).
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt
- 3 Gill recalls 'surreal' derby Day encounter
- 4 Former City coach explains why he joined Ipswich Town
- 5 David Freezer: Perfect transfer strategy key to City's self-funded survival model
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 7 City ace left out of Euro 2020 opener
- 8 Ex-Norwich striker signs for Carlisle United
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 10 A-Z: Time for a clear-out at Burnley?