Brighton & Hove Albion
Brighton & Hove Albion
Nickname: The Seagulls
Year formed: 1901
Ground: Withdean Stadium, Tongdean Lane, Brighton, BN1 5JD
You may also want to watch:
2008/2009 average: 6,092
For visitors: 900 in the West Stand
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
Position last season: 16th in League One
Manager: Russell Slade (March 2009)
Player to watch - Adam Virgo: The full-back is in his second at the Withdean Stadium, after leaving for Celtic in a �1.5m move in 2005. But things did not work out north of the border and after loan spells at Coventry City and Colchester, he returned to the south coast. Big and powerful, Virgo can also weigh in with some crucial goals and is used as an emergency forward.
Record transfer fee paid: �500,000 (Andy Ritchie, Manchester United)
Record transfer fee received: �1.5m (Bobby Zamora, West Ham)
Ticket office: 01273 776992
Ticket prices: Adults �16.50, concessions �10.50
Official website: www.seagulls.co.uk
Distance: 170 miles
Journey time: 3 hrs, 3 mins
For directions to the ground go to www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/away-guide/Map.aspx
Pub: Canaries making the long journey to the south coast by train could do worse than pay a visit to The Evening Star, just two minutes from the station at 55-56 Surrey Street. This away-friendly venue is included in the CAMRA good beer guide.
There's also The Sportsman at the North end of the stadium, the Preston Brewery Tap at 197 Preston Road, and the Crown & Anchor at 213 Preston Road, Brighton, BN1 6SA.
Last league meeting: Norwich City 3, Brighton 0 (14 February, 2006): Norwich City finally recorded their first victory of 2006 at the eighth time of asking. City new boy Robert Earnshaw opened his account for the Canaries with a well taken double near the end to add to Darren Huckerby's well taken 28th minute effort to ensure a hard-earned victory. But before that double tonic Norwich supporters had been forced to endure another indifferent performance from their side with the struggling Seagulls going close to an equaliser on a number of occasions.
City connection: Goalkeeping coach Paul Crichton had the same role at Brighton before heading back to Norfolk in February.