Bungay are on the Money in the cup
Norfolk and Suffolk Veterans League Premier Division outfit Bungay Town had a comfortable 7-1 victory in the Seniors Cup over Division Four side Thetford Sports & Social Club at the Nunnery Stud.
On target were Kevin Ellis with a hat-trick, a brace from Mick Money and one apiece from Kevin Goldsmith and Kevin Supple. The home side’s consolation came from an Ian Miller penalty.
Things won’t be quite as easy this Sunday when The Black Dogs take on Woodbridge Town at Maltings Meadow in the big game in the Premier Division (KO 2.30).
In Division Two (Central) Corton White Horse Seltic went three points clear at the top over their second placed opponents Solebay.
A Danny Dorling double done the damage in their narrow win by the odd goal of three at Corton. Shawn Prior replied for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
The two teams have still to meet again later on in the season.
Mulbarton are six points ahead in Division Two (North) following their convincing away success over Spixworth although having played more games than their rivals.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 7 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
Scorers in the 5-1 win were Colin Gibbins and Carl Cooper with a brace each with Dean Parfitt netting the other.
• Leading scorers in league and cup
16 - Stevie Smith (Gt Yarmouth Kings Arms Crusaders); 12 - Colin Danby (Gt Yarmouth Postals); 11 - Adrian Battisson (Kings Head Loddon); 10 - Josh Barzey (Norwich Trafford); Stuart Herd (Horsford); 9 - Colin Gibbins (Mulbarton); 8 - Michael Breeze (Kings Head Loddon), Anthony Payne (Scole Utd), Graham Ruddock (Scole Utd); Neil Bowman (Caister), Richard Fruin (Caister), Martin Jacobs, (Caister), Peter Melerski (Downham OB).