Bungay drop points at lowly Stalham
BUNGAY Town Ladies lost more ground at the top of the league by dropping two points in a disappointing 0-0 draw at lowly Stalham Town. Without the influential Leo Daulby and Jo Oakley Bungay found that despite dominating possession creating scoring chances was a bit more difficult.
Michelle Stanborough, up front on her own, went close early on and Annie Piper played a neat one-two with Imo Williams but failed to find the target when through on goal.
In the second half Bungay tried to step things up but were lucky when a Stalham forward hit the bar with a dipping shot, but from then on it was a story of missing the few chances that came Bungays way.
Amber Rowland cut in and had a shot saved with Kate Pasque’s follow-up being cleared off the line and when Michelle Stanborough struck a post with a fierce drive it became clear this was not going to be their day.
Annie Piper kept driving forward and was unlucky after going past four Stalham players only to find the keeper well positioned. Emily Robins kept Bungay in it by covering superbly in the closing minutes to keep Stalham out.
You may also want to watch:
The one positive note was the welcome return of Imogen Williams after two years out injured, who showed flashes of her old self
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top