Bungay joy at win over old rivals
Bungay Town Ladies returned to playing after last week’s game was called off with a well deserved three points against old rivals Aylsham Town.
They came from 1-0 down at the break to turn things around in the second half by run out winners 4-1 to move into second spot in the league.
Despite playing against the slope in the first half Bungay were well on top with only the goalkeeper keeping them out and easy chances not being taken, they were made to pay for this as a soft cross/shot was allowed to run across the goalmouth and end up in the net off the far post.
The changes made to team positions at half time had the desired effect, with Amber Rowland having an excellent game in central midfield controlling things and using the wide players Michelle Stanborough and Lauren Purling to good effect.
Goals followed from Lauren Purling and the young Jess Weston showing her potential with a good strike from 20 yards, Imogen Williams made it three and a deserved final well-taken goal from Michelle Stanborough for her hard running down the left.
You may also want to watch:
In the end a deserved win but they must learn from this that chances must be taken if they want to stay near the top of this league.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 2 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 3 Former City keeper signs for Coventry ahead of Carrow Road clash
- 4 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 5 Casualty list at City is one for the fiction writers
- 6 Main man Tettey has still got it
- 7 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 8 Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- 9 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 10 'A crazy few weeks' - City star on Barcelona transfer links