Bungay’s hard work pays off
Lowestoft Town Ladies 0, Bungay Town Ladies 2
Bungay continued their pre-season friendly campaign with a hard-fought victory over Lowestoft Town Ladies on Monday evening.
From the whistle it was clear Lowestoft were going to be difficult to break down and for the first ten minutes they used the width of the large Crown Meadow pitch to their advantage.
As traditional slow starters, Bungay began to come back in the game and Emily Leach had a long-range effort well saved.
After a tactical change Amber Rowland came on into left wing, which enabled Fran Pasque to regain a more central role in midfield.
This combination continued to trouble the Lowestoft defence and after making a suberb save from an effort from Michelle Stanborough, Bungay were rewarded when Stanborough finished calmly in front of goal.
The second half saw six changes made to the Bungay line-up and no-one disappointed.
- 1 Smith takeaways: City chief on market moves, Mumba recall and hangover talk
- 2 PRESSER: Norwich City v Huddersfield - Sorensen suffers break; Pukki x-ray
- 3 WATCH: City summer departure scores rocket for new club
- 4 David Hannant: I think we have a new Carrow Road cult hero
- 5 Smith braced for a late transfer window twist
- 6 Norwich grab the headlines on Premier League opening day - 30 years ago
- 7 Byram key to City's left back injury curse
- 8 Springett returns in City under-21s' draw with Leeds
- 9 'A kind, happy soul' - Former City stars lead tributes to former club photographer
- 10 City say under twos not allowed into "open-air areas" of Carrow Road
The hard work Bungay have been doing in pre-season fitness training was clearly showing and Caroline Wright and Phoebe Coates in defence were playing some superb balls down the lines for a hungry midfield.
Bungay were again regarded from some great play from Amber Rowland who finished well and were unlucky not to add further goals from a Leo Daulby free-kick and Jo Oakley effort which both hit a post.
Notable performances came from Lauren Purling in defence and Remy Dowe in goal.
Bungay’s next friendly is Thursday August 4 at home against Thorpe United, kick-off 7.30pm.
Bungay squad list: Remy Dowe, Sian Carter, Annie Piper, Kate Pasque, Leah Sheperd, Lauren Mickleburgh, Fran Pasque, Emily Robbins, Emily Leach, Michelle Stanborough, Lauren Purling, Leo Daulby, Reo Darleston, Kelly, Caroline Wright, Phoebe Coates, Joanne Oakley, Amber Rowland.